♥ What is Reiki? ♥
Reiki is the universal life energy which is present anywhere at any time in all things and beings.
When someone receives a Reiki care, he or she has his/her energy rebalanced in a natural way.
The word “Reiki” consists of two ideograms:
- “Rei” means spirit, consciousness and universal as well;
- “Ki” (“Chi” in Chinese or “Prana” in Sanskrit) means life energy. It is the vital force that brings to life our body, our emotions, our thoughts and even the spiritual life.
Thus Reiki is the universal life energy with a own consciousness. Reiki is totally independent from our beliefs: age, sex, religion, studies, profession, etc. don’t affect its efficacy.
Reiki has been channeled by Mikao Usui (1865-1926), a Japanese master, on the Mount Kurama, a mountain to the north-west of the city of Kyoto. After his incredible discovery, Mikao Usui would have created a system allowing getting and giving the universal life energy by a light apposition of the hands, in order to engage the healing process.
The 5 Principles Of Reiki
- Just for today I will not worry.
- Just for today I will not be angry.
- Just for today, I will be grateful.
- Just for today I will do my work honestly.
- Just for today, I will be kind to every living thing.
According to Mikao Usui, Reiki = 50% of energy + 50% of the 5 principles
… even if there is no obligation to follow these rules of life, everyone is free to make his or her own choices.
Mikao Usui invites us to consider these principles on a day-to-day basis : “Just for today”. If we had to think about this rules from now for our whole life, we would be discouraged in advance!